Shinichi Kudo (工藤 新一, Kudō Shin'ichi?), a Famous High School Detective known as the "Detective of the East" (東 の 探偵, Azuma No Tantei?) who was shrunken by APTX 4869 and now goes with the alias Conan Edogawa (江戸川 コナン, Edogawa Konan?), is the main protagonist in the manga and anime franchise Detective Conan.
Shinichi is the Son of Famous Mystery novelist Yusaku Kudo and Yukiko Kudo a Famous as a talented actress He had great interested in Sherlock Holmes and read many Mystery novels since he was a child in a huge library with dozens of shelves filled with Mystery novels from all over the world in his house which has inspired him to become a Detective.
When He went into Kindergarten where He first Met Ran Mouri He has her give him a Sakura Badge made by her so she won't bully any further when He saw her being bullied by other. When Ran realized this she befriends Shinichi and the two of them had been closed friends since then.
Shinichi has a striking resemblance to his father, Yusaku Kudo, sporting the same dark brown hair and slightly paled skin.
Shinichi is highly intelligent and was very intuitive and observant even from a young age. Due to the influence of his father and the general environment at home, he has long been an incessant and persistent reader, especially for mystery novels.
Shinichi is a calm and cooled person and sometimes act cocky and due to his bluntness and matter-of-fact manner, He can appear as a rude and arrogant person.
Despite this, he cares about human life, unable to understand how any reason could be a sufficient motive for murder, and believe driving a culprit to suicide is no better than murder itself as shown where told Heiji that he would be no better than a murder if he allows a criminal to commit suicide.
Before his transformation to a child, Shinichi enjoyed being in the spotlight, reveling in making local headlines and receiving fan-mail and still has a flair for the dramatic like his mother that can be seen every time he sets out a deduction in pieces building to a climax.
Because of his predicament being Strunk into a child forces him to gain a sense of humility and hides his involvement in the cases, he solved as Shinichi.
Canon Plot Overview
Non-Canon Plot Overview
- Shinichi Kudo's Given Name "Shinichi" (新一) is a pun on "One Truth". The "Ichi" (一) means "One" and "Shin" (真) can be read as "Truth", however the Kanji actually used for "Shin" (新) in Shinichi's Given Name means "New".
- Shinichi Kudo's Given Name "Shinichi" (新一) may have come from the name of the Famous Violinist "Shinichi Suzuki", since Shinichi Kudo also plays violin.
- Shinichi Kudo's Family Name "Kudo" (工) comes from the Fictional Detective Shunsaku Kudo from the Japanese TV Series Tantei Monogatari.
- "Kudo" (工) means "Craft" or "Construction" and "Wisteria".
- Gosho Aoyama stated that Shinichi Kudo's Hair Style was designed in about one minute. Shinichi Kudo's Hair Style was also based on Conan Edogawa's.
- Shinichi Kudo's Speech Habits were meant to be slightly rough like Joe from Ashita no Joe.
- Shinichi Kudo and other Detective Conan Characters have been mentioned and parodied in many other Anime Series which include the following:
- Shinichi Kudo and Kaito Kuroba have similar Character Designs and the same Voice Actor as an Adult.
- Shinichi Kudo, due to the popularity of the Detective Conan Series, was used as a Role Model to encourage people to follow the Japanese Law.
- Shinichi Kudo seems to have Plane Narcolepsy which also shows up when he is Conan Edogawa as well.
- Shinichi Kudo/Conan Edogawa's Favorite Food is Lemon Pie and Favorite Drink is Iced Coffee, which were first shown in Episodes 100-101 and in Movie 18.5, respectively.
- Shinichi Kudo/Conan Edogawa and Ran Mouri share the same Blood Type, although their Blood Type still remain unknown.
- Shinichi Kudo is right-handed.
|Lupin III||Goemon Ishikawa XIII • Daisuke Jigen • Arsène Lupin III • Fujiko Mine • Koichi Zenigata|
|Magic Kaito||Saguru Hakuba • Akako Koizumi • Konosuke Jii • Chikage Kuroba • Kaito Kuroba • Toichi Kuroba • Keiko Momoi • Aoko Nakamori • Ginzo Nakamori • Kaitou Corbeau • Kaitou Kid • Saguru Hakuba's Assistant • Akako Koizumi's Assistant • Magic Kaito Organization Boss • Magic Kaito Organization Sub-Boss • Lucifer • Rose • Snake • Spider|
|Yaiba||Kenjuro Kurogane • Yaiba Kurogane • Raizo Mine • Sayaka Mine • Shizuka Mine • Musashi Miyamoto • Keiko Momoi • Soshi Okita • Takeshi Onimaru • Kagetora • Shonosuke|
|Guardians||Hiroshi Agasa • Sumiko Kobayashi|
|Members||Conan Edogawa • Ai Haibara • Genta Kojima • Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya • Ayumi Yoshida|
|CIA||Ethan Hondou • Hidemi Hondou • Barney|
|FBI||Shuichi Akai • James Black • Andre Camel • Jodie Starling • Starling Family Father • Bill • Hodges • Ishida • Jeff • Meyer • Tim|
|Tokyo Metropolis||Shintaro Chaki • Kazunobu Chiba • Wataru Date • Kenji Hagiwara • Yuya Kazami • Hyoue Kuroda • Jinpei Matsuda • Kiyonaga Matsumoto • Juzo Megure • Naeko Miike • Yumi Miyamoto • Hiromitsu Morofushi • Ginzo Nakamori • Toshiro Odagiri • Miwako Sato • Ninzaburo Shiratori • Wataru Takagi • Tadayoshi Uno • Officer Tome • Officer Tsujimura • Inspector Yuminaga|
|Nagano Prefecture||Taka'aki Morofushi • Yui Uehara • Kansuke Yamato|
|Osaka Prefecture||Heizo Hattori • Goro Otaki • Ginshiro Toyama|
|Others||Fumimaro Ayanokoji • Leona Buccholz • Radish Redwood • Chosuke Takagi • Misao Yamamura • Jugo Yokomizo • Sango Yokomizo • Koichi Zenigata • Aquavit • Stout|