|Jimmy Kudo (工藤 新一, Kudō Shin'ichi)
|Height||174 cm1.74 m |
|Weight||18 kg39.683 lb|
|Team||Detective Boys (Conan Edogawa)|
|Anime||Detective Conan Episode #1|
|Movie||The Time-Bombed Skyscraper|
|Video Game||Meitantei Conan: Chika Yuuenchi Satsujin Jiken|
|OVA||Conan vs. Kid vs. Yaiba - The Grand Battle for the Treasure Sword!!|
|Appears in||Anime, Manga, Game and Movie|
Shinichi Kudō (工藤新一, Kudō Shin'ichi; Viz "Jimmy Kudo", English TV "Jimmy Kudo") is the main protagonist of the Detective Conan manga and anime series. He's known as Savior of the Japanese Police Department (日本警察の救世主, Nihon Keisatsu no Kyūseishu) because of his legendary skills as a detective. He can solve cases in an instant. Later he changed his name to Conan Edogawa (江戸川コナン, Edogawa Konan), which is his alter ego after swallowing a poison — APTX 4869 by some men in black — known as the Black Organization. He made his ambition in capturing the Black Organization and trying to pull them away from the darkness and to find the antidote for the APTX 4869 to turn back into a normal high school student.
BackgroundShinichi was born by a former detective, but a successful mystery novelist Yūsaku Kudō and former actress Yukiko Kudō. When Shinichi was still a baby, he and his mother went to his father's publishing magazine office. His co-workers found a message on a tap which seems to be from Yūsaku. That makes Yukiko thinks that he was doing it on purpose. She decided to decipher the code in vain, but Shinichi gave her clues that were useful which later helped them find Yūsaku at a park where he was staring at a Japanese airport. His father always dreamt to bring all three of them to America someday. After what happened, Yukiko says that Shinichi will become a better detective than his father in the future.
Sometime around kindergarten he became friends with Ran Mōri, daughter of detective Kogorō Mōri and the queen of the courtroom Eri Kisaki. Up until elementary school, he and Ran were always playing with each other, but stopped, but later they started to hang out with each other.
When Shinichi became 7 years old, he went with Ran to the Beika Library and meets a mysterious person who gave them a leather wallet within the inside a code. Shinichi decided to decipher the code because he wanted to figure out the mysterious person's identity. They both entered then back home, which Shinichi was being scolded by his mother as usual, which Yūsaku said something useful as usual to could might be a hint for the code for Shinichi's letter that he obtained from that mysterious person. Shinichi and Ran then were making it an exploration, which as last the code has been cracked. Shinichi thought that his father made the exploration to make him watch the sunset, because he was staying home all the time from reading novels. 10 years later after at the school library, Shinichi as Conan figured out that the message was meant for his father, which he has still no clue what the two means.
According through a conversation between Ran and Sera, Ran stated that he was once really mad at his father for leaving a case. While solving the case, it was later known that the two cases where both accidents through coins creating a Shi (死; Literally meaning "Death") character. It turns out that Yūsaku kept it a secret for a boy who is very religious, which made an offering of six coins according to an old myth.When Shinichi became 14 years old, his parents left Japan to live in America, due to Yūsaku having pressure from his editors in the publishing magazine office. Shinichi however, refuses to go with them to live in America because he got something important to do. Later, Shinichi and Ran took advantage of Ran's father, Kogorō Mōri for permission to go to Los Angeles to visit his parents there. Shinichi solves his first case in the plane that went to Los Angeles. Shinichi solved the case easily and also evenly knew where the murder weapon was hidden by the culprit.
After the first case in the plane, they visited his mother. It was also the first time when Shinichi met "Sharon Vineyard" also a former actress and a colleague of his mother. Yukiko told Shinichi that they were both getting lessons from a famous Japanese magician Tōichi Kuroba to disguise themselves perfectly. Shinichi's second case was in an opera house, were an actor was killed by one of his fellow worker. Shinichi also solved the case alongside with his mother. After that the case was solve, Yukiko warned Shinichi and Ran about a serial killer which is from Japanese descent, which they must take a taxi to a hotel. Ran's handkerchief she got from Sharon Vineyard fall out of the window, which she is trying to search for it. Shinichi sees that the handkerchief is caught at the stair rail which he gets it for her and tells her that she must get into the cab. After that Ran is searching for Shinichi, she sees the serial killer. Shinichi then appeared and warn her to get away from there, because it is the serial killer. When the serial killer is about to fall down from the stair rail, Ran and Shinichi helped him to come up, which later he did it on his own. Shinichi then talks with the serial killer saying that he is wounded and that he have a gun, he will get easily caught by the police if he doesn't kill them with a silencer, evenly Shinichi cannot capture him due Ran, but he said that he doesn't show no any mercy when they meet each other again and let him go. The next day, Shinichi, Ran and his mother, where strolling in the park, evenly also Shinichi was checking on Ran's temperature to check if she is fine.During a phone conversation between him and Heiji, Heiji told Shinichi in the form of Conan that he met a far smarter detective than him. It is known who Heiji met was Shinichi, 3 years ago. The same murder case that happened 4 years ago repeated itself at the same ski resort. Shinichi sneezes when someone was talking about him and talks about the incident about it with Ran what happened 4 years ago. After the murder, Shinichi was asking for video footage. He got a video camera from Heiji's mother telling that her video skills are really good. Heiji's mother tells Shinichi that his son is also a detective, which Shinichi became interested. Later while searching for clues, Shinichi and Ran met his mother again. After some hints, Shinichi and Heiji solved the case. Heiji came to the detective and Shinichi contacted one of them through the phone. After that the case has been solved by both of the two. Shinichi explains to Ran about that there are two stories of the Yuki Onna legend, telling that the story has been changed through generations. When Shinichi explains much further, he sensed something when Heiji and Kazuha where passing by each other. The two then look forwards to meet each other again.
When Shinichi became older, he challenged Kaitō Kid earlier. Kaitō Kid stole the clock's hands. Shinichi is taking a closer look and solved Kid's magic. Shinichi then comes close towards the clock and borrows Inspector Megure's gun and shoots towards the clock, but Kid shoots the came which he falls with it. Shinichi also had deciphered the code, Kid left for the inspector.
Shinichi is known as a teenager with an intellect as an adult. Shinichi is a true Sherlock Holmes fan saying that Sherlock Holmes is the greatest detective in the world. Through his love of reading Sherlock Holmes, he also bears a love to England where Holmes comes from. Shinichi even wanted to commit a crime to go to England when he was asking Professor Agasa to create him a fake passport. Due to his love of the Sherlock Holmes series he cannot think clearly and even doesn't hide that he is a Sherlock Holmes fan or not, even when he is in the form of Conan. From young on, Shinichi was always a kid who was very intelligence, even when he was a baby giving his mother the clues to find his father. Shinichi is always getting it high in his head when he solves cases, mostly the credits that he obtains and fan letters. Shinichi is also honest, knowing that he only credits himself if he solves a case alone instead of having clues from his father. Due to his love for Sherlock Holmes, most of his friends are calling him detective freak. Shinichi don't want to write things about detectives like his father, he want to be a detective. He also feels the sensation of solving a case when he got them and even gets excited when he thinks about it saying that if you once start you can't stop. Also, Shinichi is also a pervert according to Ran many times, but it was also been shown a lot in the series.
Besides that he is a renowned detective and his love for detective novels, Shinichi is also great in soccer. Ran ask him that he must've stayed in the soccer team, which could make him a hero right now. Shinichi don't want to become that and said that he want to be a detective instead. Shinichi always is playing soccer to clear up his mind whenever he got stuck with cases. Shinichi have a difficulty understanding people, his good friend that he knows from childhood is Ran and the only person he ever been with since kindergarten. Shinichi doesn't make no any connection with his age group, but the students admires Shinichi for his intelligence and soccer skills but they didn't understand his fascination with mysteries or why he had quit the soccer team in favor of detective work.
Shinichi has also other talents. Shinichi learned how to drive and can handle a speed boat. He's also skilled to play the violin taking after his idol, Sherlock Holmes. Shinichi is also well educated in English, knowing that he can talk fluent English and understands it much better than a normal Japanese person. Unfortunately, being so talented in many things, Shinichi is tone deaf, which he has an inability to sing. It is known that Shinichi has a perfect pitch.
Shinichi is also stubborn if it is about danger, which he goes to someone that looks extremely suspicious or dangerous alone, or even part in his mother crazy ideas.
As Conan, Shinichi tries to behave like a child to hide his true identity for others for who he cares about. As child, Conan refers to Ran as: "Ran-neechan" ("蘭姉ちゃん") and Shinichi as: "Shinichi-niichan" ("新一兄ちゃん") — niichan is means "older brother" and neechan means "older sister" a common nickname Japanese children give to teenagers and young adults they look up to. He refers Kogorō mostly as "Occhan" or "Oji-san" (おっちゃん or 伯父さん) — meaning both uncle in Japanese. Even though Shinichi and Conan are exact the same person, he treats Conan as a separated person.
Shinichi tends to speak more like a child, but when he gets caught up in a case, he starts to talk like a adult. However, Ran is unaware of his true identity, which leaves Conan in awkward situations which mostly that his nose bleeds heavily when he thinks about it. Sometimes, he is also getting sent pictures from Sonoko that is originally meant for Shinichi. Shinichi and Conan are the same person which they same using the same phone. Although Shinichi is shrunk into an elementary school student, he cannot hide his love for Sherlock Holmes and soccer, which that he somehow sometimes talks about it in too much detail and later says that Shinichi told him. Although that the series has been progressed, many characters are already used to the personality of Conan Edogawa, but are still wondering who he exactly is because he his explanation towards the inspectors and officers are more too complex for a kid to understand.
Main article: Shinichi Kudō Relationships
Shinichi knows many people, including the ones from his alter ego; Conan Edogawa. He knows them, because the ones are mostly interested in him instead of the opposite. Shinichi also knows who to trust or not and defend his friends from his own tricks.
Main article: Characters who knows Shinichi Kudō's secret identity
Throughout the series, characters from the series discovered Conan's secret identity as the famed Shinichi Kudō. These characters are helping Conan to keep it a secret towards others because Shinichi's name is so famed that the word can be spread over Japan, the fame of Shinichi also hits the Black Organization who are thinking that Shinichi is dead. Few friends of Shinichi knows his secret identity and one of the members of the Black Organization also discovered that.
Shinichi shows a resemblance to his father instead of his mother. He has blue eyes has brown hair, usually seen black, with a pluck shown on the upper head of his hair and a hair piece stick under his hair. His hair is somewhat different than that of his father, being more sidewards continuing, which his father has a split part in the middle. He is usually seen with a blue tuxedo and a red bow-tie, sometimes he is also seen with the same tuxedo wearing no red bow-tie which he leaves his white shirt unbutton on his upper part of his shirt. During the progress of the series, Shinichi is seen with many casual clothes or is sometimes seen with a black thick shirt. Later Shinichi is mostly been seen wearing his school uniform instead of his detective clothes.
As Conan, he wears mostly a blue tuxedo and a red bow-tie, a short light blue pants and red coloured sneakers. During the progress of the series, Conan also wears casual clothes, as example; when Shinichi was England he wore a pink shirt, a black neck-tie and light brown pants. The only thing that is different around Conan is that he is wearing glasses, but when he takes off his glasses, he resembles the appearance of his younger self, which makes Ran think that Conan is in fact Shinichi.
Shinichi also sometimes cross-dresses when he is in the form of Conan, this is not seen in manga but through extra's Gosho Aoyama makes. Mostly, Conan is being dressed as his idol Sherlock Holmes in two different ways as the same in the original version of Sherlock Holmes, wearing a deerstalker and an Inverness cape. Under the Inverness cape, he is wearing a black tuxedo which is the same as Sherlock Holme's as in the later works. (In the beginning they are brown.)
Shinichi is also based on some characters from Gosho Aoyama's previous works coming from most important males as protagonist and antagonists. Mostly the lower part of his style before his eyes are been inserted instead of the upper part of his hair.
Shinichi is a gifted child, knowing that he is a very great detective due that he is studying a lot of times in his father library and reading detective novels all the time. Shinichi was training himself to be a great detective, and doing so by sometimes taking Ran with him to explore new things, and usually came back all dirty or by taking Ran somewhere during the night which causes them trouble with their parents. Evenly so, Shinichi is also a great speaker, a person who is very good with words and speaks fluent English and understands very quite well. Shinichi has also more impressive skills but also weaknesses, as known, Shinichi is tone deaf, which he has an inability to sing. It is known that Shinichi has a high pitch in singing, but his voice stays horrible but also enjoyable for the ones around him.
As being a loyal fan to Sherlock Holmes, Shinichi is a very skilled detective. He has had this amazing ability since he was a baby, when he gives his mother only hints to find his father that set up a riddle for them. Shinichi's detective skills are so superb that he obtained nicknames such as "Savior of the Japanese Police Department" (日本警察の救世主, Nihon Keisatsu no Kyūseishu) or "Detective of the East" (東の探偵, Azuma no Tantei). Shinichi can find clues that are spotted in area's that they cannot be easily found and has a keen eye of details, which he can observation strange situations or evenly can see the smallest detail that has been taken or dropped. Shinichi isn't a person who can solve cases directly but has mostly a presumption of who did it, or who not which he later rethinks that the person he misjudged is the culprit.
His intelligence can also know through some things on the victim or on the culprits body, which occupation they are from, but also known Japanese to American history, knowing the criminal records, knowing how to set a trap for the culprit, he is very wise with words knowing that he can convince an adult to listen to him when he is in the form of Conan Edogawa. If Shinichi is able to confirm his suspicions by words that are coming from one of the suspects, he can evenly solve a case if he can merge it with the clues he found or he knows. When he cannot solve a case clearly, he kicks with his soccer ball and plays with it to clear his mind and solve the case better. His deduction style is not better than that of his father, but knows how he can solve them with the smallest clues. In the form of Conan, when he knows what the plot of the case is and who the culprit is, he mostly uses Kogorō to solve the case.
Shinichi is known as a professional soccer player at his high school and according to Ran, he could be professional soccer player instead of a famous teen detective. Shinichi doesn't want to become a famous soccer player, but a detective like Sherlock Holmes. He comments that his is soccer just like Holmes playing the violin. Shinichi plays soccer each time when he must think hard needs to clear his mind to solve the case better, another trait he adopted from Holmes and his violin. Shinichi doesn't only use the soccer for clarity but also when he tries to knock out an escaping culprit. Shinichi puts a lot of his strength in a ball when he kicks it which makes it enough to temporary knocking out the culprit. Due to his soccer skills, Shinichi became a very popular player at his school. Shinichi is even their captain and planning out tactics with his team against their opponent. As Conan, she still got the same abilities of playing soccer, and even became one of the best players of his school. Many of class students were interested in the way Conan plays soccer.
But also as Conan, he cannot capture criminals as he would as a high schooler. He would try to kick a soccer ball against a kidnapper, but his child body could not give the power needed. This troubled Shinichi so he asked Professor Agasa if he could create him something that could help capture the criminals, which he later did and created a special gadget for him called the Power-Enhancing Kick Shoes. Conan demonstrated the powers of the shoes when he attended again the Teitan Elementary School when they got P.E. which they played soccer. Conan got the ball and put it on medium, one kicked a powerful source comes from out the shoes which broke the goal and a tree behind the goal.
As Conan he obtains various gadgets created by Professor Agasa to help him to solve a dangerous or normal case. Conan is mostly seen using only two of the gadgets Agasa made the most, the Voice-Changing Bowtie — a bow tie that can manipulate the voice of Conan and can copy another when he speaks through it, and the Stun-Gun Wristwatch — a watch that can put someone in sleep. Conan is not very aware of the gadgets Agasa makes, which he said once when he uses the Power Kick Shoes that there is such kind of thing that is called "moderation". The gadgets are also meant for Conan to make things easier as the same when he was a high school student. When Conan has to solve a case, he uses the two primary gadgets the Voice-Changing Bowtie and the Stun-Gun Wristwatch to another person he needs — which is mostly Kogorō. When Conan has to chase a escaping criminal directly, he uses his Turbo Engine Skateboard which uses solar power as an energy source.
As the series continues, Conan obtained more gadgets created by Professor Agasa, as such as the Criminal Tracking Glasses, Portable Bentou Box Fax, Elasticity Suspenders, Anywhere Ball Dispensing Belt and many other kinds of different gadgets. Somehow, Conan uses some gadgets only once and doesn't evenly seen not to use when the series proceeded.
As member of the group the Detective Boys, they uses their main primary gadget named the Detective Boys Badge which can contact with other members of the group who has the same badge. When Conan, Genta, and Mitsuhiko where making their search for Ayumi, they contacted her to tell her that she must stay calm. Known is that the Detective Boys Badge and the Criminal Tracking Glasses are contacted with each other due that the Detective Boys Badge has a transmitter inside.
The Murder In the Roller Coaster
At a mansion, there is a lot of commotion because of Shinichi's deduction. Shinichi stated that the culprit might have been jumped from a window to another one which seems by the guests as impossible. Shinichi then stated that the landlord is the one who was behind the murder of his wife. The landlord tells Shinichi that he isn't the one who killed his own wife because he isn't able in doing so because of his leg. Shinichi then kicked the wheelchair which the landlord stands perfectly. After that Shinichi discovered that the landlord's leg was better three months ago and that Megure tells the landlord that the doctor told him everything, the landlord tries to escape but Shinichi kicked a world globe towards him straight towards the back of the landlord's head which he gets knocked down on the floor and he later gets arrested for killing his wife. As usually, Megure is happy that Shinichi solved the case and thanked him for it.
The next day after school, Shinichi is laughing about the case he solved last night, which he suddenly gets attacked by Ran's karate suit. Shinichi asks Ran why she is mad at him. Ran tells Shinichi that it is his fault that her father can't get no job. Shinichi teases her by saying that her father sucks at being a detective. Ran laughs sarcastically, which she hits a pole with full strength which Shinichi looks with shock and fear. Once walking home, Ran tells Shinichi that he would become a international hero if he continues with soccer, but Shinichi explains Ran that he only did that for reflexes. Shinichi then shows the things about how it feels to be a detective, which Shinichi then goes home. Ran tells Shinichi that he still has a promise to her which he doesn't seem to remember. Shinichi then later remembers and tells Ran to meet him at 10 o'clock at Tropical Land.
Once at Tropical Land, Shinichi is still talking about Sherlock Holmes, and is using one of his skills to a stranger. The stranger, identified as Hitomi is in shock that Shinichi knows a lot from her. Later, Shinichi explains Ran how he knows it, which Ran sees is as cheating on the way how Shinichi told her. Once entering the roller coaster, Ran is teasing Shinichi which he doesn't seem to enjoy. Once the roller coaster starts and went through the tunnel, Kishida has then been decapitated, which Shinichi felt warm blood. Once the roller coaster have been set on it's position, the police the arrived in an instant which after Megure sees Shinichi, the whole crowd at the roller coaster starts to talk about Shinichi's fames status. Shinichi then explains the situation to Megure about what happened before. A strange men in black starts to appear saying that he doesn't have time for it, which Shinichi noticed through his eyes that they are cold as ice. A knife has been found in Aiko's bag which doesn't comes from her. Shinichi rethinks and was thinking about the tear he had against his head. Shinichi tells Megure who was about to arrest Aiko as their suspect that the culprit isn't Aiko, but Hitomi. Shinichi explains that Hitomi only needed the speed of the roller coaster and hoop made from piano wire to do it. Shinichi then explained the situation to Megure as a example, which Shinichi's deduction moves on which Hitomi later admit that she have murdered Kishida.
After the event of the roller coaster, Shinichi sees one of the suspects from the roller coaster acting suspicious which he follows him. Shinichi sees that one of them is blackmailing a company president. Shinichi then got attacked by one of its partners, which he gave him a drug to kill him. They then run away, which later, Shinichi was wakened up from a police officer which Shinichi has been seen completely shrunk in the size of a elementary school boy.
1 Billion Yen Robbery Case
Main article: 1 Billion Yen Robbery Case
Disappearance of the Blush Mermaid
Main article: Disappearance of the Blush Mermaid
The Green Emperor Heist
Main article: The Green Emperor Heist
Appearance In Other Media
Magic Kaitō series
Main article: Magic Kaitō Shinichi or his alter ego Conan doesn't make a real appearance in the original Magic Kaitō series but instead he acts as a narrator and makes sometimes gloomy appearances. Shinichi and his alter ego Conan did make a appearance of the battle between Yaiba and Kaitō Kid, but that wasn't the original stage in the manga which was only Yaiba and Kaitō Kid alone.
Shinichi Kudō is a playable character in the following video games:
|Game name||Japanese release||English release|
|Case Closed: The Mirapolis Investigation||17 May 2007||1 May 2009|
Creation and ConceptionThe idea of that Shinichi should turn into a child comes from the idea of a Tortoiseshell cat Sherlock Holmes. Gosho Aoyama's idea was the cat would indicate the crucial evidence needed to solve the case; a performance the child-turned Kudo does to help those around with the investigation. Gosho revealed his editor was against the name Conan due to the protagonist from the anime series Future Boy Conan, sharing the same name and had suggested to name him Doyle instead. Gosho stuck with the name Conan believing it would overtake the Future Boy series. According to Gosho, Kudo's catch phrase Shinjitsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu! (真実はいつもひとつ!?; Literally meaning "There is only one truth!") was thought of by the anime series script writer and drawn into chapter 96 of the manga at the same time. In the English localization, the catch phrase was translated as "One Truth Prevails".
Shinichi's given name is a pun on "one truth" which he usually uses as his slogan. The kanji "ichi" (一) means "one" in Japanese. Hower Shinichi's first kanji from his name the "Shin" (新) means "new" instead of "Shin" (真) meaning "truth". Kudo's last name (工藤) comes from the fictional detective Shunsaku Kudō created by Nobumitsu Kodaka. The first kanji from Kudō means "craft" or "construction" (工) which that the last kanji means "wisteria" (藤).
- Shinichi is dense when it comes to love or romantic subjects.
- Shinichi and Conan appear in other series, mostly from manga or anime series from Weekly Shōnen Sunday, the magazine where Detective Conan has been published weekly.
- Shinichi and Ran have the same blood type.
- Shinichi's birth date is originally known in the first movie, and later has been added in the character book of the series. Shinichi's birth date is a reference to what happened in the books of Sherlock Holmes, which was actually meant as the end of the series.
- Can be that the Shinichi is based from Kaito Kuroba from the Magic Kaitō manga and now anime series — the first project of Gosho Aoyama.
- Shinichi, along with Heiji Hattori, Kaito Kuroba and Saguru Hakuba, are sometimes referred to as 'The Four Geniuses' or 'The Gosho Boys' by fans. If Ai Haibara/Shiho Miyano is included, they are referred to as 'The Five Geniuses.'
- He was used as a character to promote people to follow the law in Japan, due to the popularity of the series.
- Shinichi's birth date was not initially known in the first place. In the first Detective Conan movie, his birth date has been revealed which he is born at May 4th, the day of the final fight of Sherlock Holmes between his nemesis Professor Moriarty at the Reichenbach Falls.
- "There is only one Truth/One Truth Prevails"
- (Shinichi to Ran) "He's amazing, always cool and composed!! Brimming with intelligence and refinement!! His reasoning and observation skills are peerless! And on top of that, he was good enough to be a professional violinist! Conan Doyle created Sherlock Holmes, The world greatest detective!"
- (To Akemi Miyano) "Edogawa...no, Shinichi Kudō, detective!"
- "But someday, someday!! I will...pull them out that darkness"
- "Gin and Vodka...Their codenames...I won't forget those names...until the day...I track them down"
- (To Masao) "Shhh, I'm not a bad guy...I've come here from the planet Ranpo to chase down an evil alien. I'm Conan the Space Detective!!!"
- (To Yukiko and Yūsaku Kudō) "This is my case! I'm gonna solve it!! Don't get involved! An besides...there's other reasons why I have to stay in Japan!!"
- (Shinichi to Yukiko) "Then, why are you back? Did you have a fight with dad this morning"
- (To Yukiko) "You're kidding! You should be paying attention at the speed meter and not for the police"
- (To Yukiko) "Hey hey! Don't be so violent! There're children in this car!"
- (To Haibara) "Haibara, I want to ask you something...Is my face dirty?" 
- "Ah... Er, yes... B... but so many people I'm going to give up..."
- ↑ Conan Drill: The Decipherment of The CONAN, pages 41 - 43
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga: Chapter 1; page 21
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 51, page 14 – 15
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Gosho Aoyama's Collection of Short Stories: The Ten Planets in the Night Sky
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 571, page 9
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 570, page 12 – 15
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 571, page 2
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 571, page 8
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 673, page 9
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 573, page 15
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 573, page 18
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 812, page 3
- ↑ Detective Conan Chapter 2; page 9
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 51, page 17 – 18
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 204, page 5
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 204, page 16 – 18
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 350, page 6
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 350, page 16
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 350, page 17
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 353, page 1 – 10
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 353, page 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 354, page 9
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 354, page 13 – 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 518, page 1 – 3
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 520, page 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 521, page 14
- ↑ Magic Kaito Manga; Chapter 23, page 15
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 3 – 5
- ↑ Note: Episode 1 stated that the landlord killed his own business partner
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 10
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 743, page 6
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 8
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 11
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 11
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 12
- ↑ Detective Conan Anime; Episode 1
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 2, page 19
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 3, page 9
- ↑ Detective Conan Movie; Movie 9 – Strategy Above the Depths
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 41.2 Detective Conan Movie; Movie 12 – Full Score of Fear
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 743, page 4
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 31 – 32
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 260, page 12
- ↑ The later episodes of the anime series, manga when you see Conan having serious poses
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 84, page 4
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 107, page 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 571, page 7
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga, Chapter 570, page 5 – 7
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 752, page 15
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 205, page 13
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 743, page 4
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 7, page 9 – 10
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 5 – 6
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 10, page 7 – 8
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 4, page 13 – 14
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 10, page 6
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 10, page 10
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 10, page 11
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 82, page 3 (left side)
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 81, page 13
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 82, page 4 (left side)
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 3
- ↑ NOTE: In episode 1 it is Yamazaki instead of the landlord's wife.
- ↑ NOTE: In episode 1, Shinichi threw a globe towards the landlord instead of kicking the wheelchair off him,
- ↑ Detective Conan Anime; Episode 1
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 2, page 19 – 20
- ↑ Detective Conan Volume 18; Gosho Aoyama Featured Detective
- ↑ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle; The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes "The Final Problem"
- ↑ Detective Conan Anime; Episode 1 (US Episode 1)
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 1, page 10
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 16, page 15 – 16
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 16, page 19
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; chapter 35, page 18
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 51, page 6
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 51, page 18
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 134, page 8
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 417, page 2
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 417, page 5
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 417, page 16
- ↑ Detective Conan Manga; Chapter 420, page 14