Conan Edogawa (江戸川 コナン, Edogawa Konan), an APTX 4869 Victim who is also known by his real name Shinichi Kudo (工藤 新一, Kudō Shin'ichi), is a protagonist in the manga and anime franchise Detective Conan.
Conan Edogawa is Shinichi Kudo's alter ego. He did not exist prior to the chain of events, involving members of the Black Organization, that led Shinichi to transform back into a child.
Conan has dark brown hair which mostly hangs downwards just above his blue eyes, but there are also a few strands that stick up at the front and back of his head.
Shinichi's intelligence remains intact even though he has shrunken into a child. As Conan, Shinichi tries to behave like a child. He refers to Ran as "Ran-neechan" (nee-chan meaning older sister, a common nickname Japanese children give to teenagers and young adults they look up to), and refers to Shinichi as "Shinichi-niichan" (nii-chan meaning older brother).
Shinichi as Conan remains very close to Ran, who in return is very protective of him. However, because Ran is unaware of his true identity, Conan often finds himself in awkward situations with her, such as when she confessed her feeling for Shinichi to him and when she made him bathe with her at a hot spring.
Conan maintains an extraordinarily broad knowledge of many subjects and trivia that help him solve cases and escape tricky situations. Conan tries to speak in a child-like manner when dealing with adults, but he often gets caught up in the current case and begins speaking like an adult, referring to advanced topics and using reasoning much too complex for a normal child. When this happens, he often tries to pass it off as "something [he] heard on TV" or "taught by uncle Kogoro/professor Agasa/Shinichi-niichan".
Canon Plot Overview
After the Incident at Raiha Pass Conan get a called from Jodie informing him about the Information she recieved from Rena Mizunashi a name of agent who code-named is Bourbon and that he is sent to go after Haibara
Shortly after the Confrontation with Bourbon Conan went with the rest with the Detective Boy on a trip to a Shrine He then refer Taiko Meijin who the Detective Boy met at a previous case and is about to regain his Meijin title Conan stated that if Shukichi win he will become Seven Crown King and would become the second person in who made such a achievement
Non-Canon Plot Overview
- Gosho Aoyama derived Shinichi Kudo's Alias "Conan Edogawa" from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Author of the Famous Sherlock Holmes Stories, and Edogawa Ranpo, the Pen Name of the Japanese Fictional Mystery Writer Hirai Tarō.
- Hirai Tarō himself got the Pen Name "Ranpo Edogawa" from a Transliteration of "Edgar Allan Poe".
- Hirai Tarō realized that pronouncing Edgar Allan Poe's Full Name in a Japanese Accent sounds like "Edogawa Rampo".
- Gosho Aoyama himself stated that Conan Edogawa's Hair Style was designed in about one minute.
- Conan Edogawa's use of Glasses as a Disguise was modeled after Clark Kent from Superman.
- Conan Edogawa's Clothes were modeled after Shichi-Go-San (7-5-3) Clothing, which were the clothes Gosho Aoyama used to wear such as bow tie and shorts when he was young.
- Conan Edogawa's Speech Habits were meant to be slightly rough like Joe from Ashita no Joe and Touch.
- Conan Edogawa often uses the Expression "Ah-Le-Le?" when he is trying to point out a clue, something that is usually said by Japanese Grade Schoolers.
- The "Ah-Le-Le?" Expression was once said by Kogoro Mouri out of irritation to Conan and by Ai Haibara who tries to imitate Conan's childish expression.
- Conan's Habit of acting juvenile to disguise his real abilities by expressing "Ah-Le-Le?" also draws the ire of the Detective Boys.</p>
- Conan Edogawa's Bad Singing came to light as a joke after the anime began airing because Conan's Voice Actress, Minami Takayama, is a well-known Singer.
- In Episodes 81-82, Minami Takayama herself was kidnapped and Conan, who sounds similar to her, tries to take her place at the concert. However, despite having similar voices, they sound completely different when it comes to singing.
- Conan Edogawa owns two Cellphones, the one that he uses as Conan Edogawa and the one that he uses as Shinichi Kudo.
- Conan is also shown using different kinds of Cellphones that vary from time to time throughout the Detective Conan Series.
- Conan Edogawa seems to have Plane Narcolepsy which also shows up when he is Shinichi Kudo as well.
- Conan Edogawa appears to be a Big Fan of Haginyan, a Cat Mascot, which was shown in Episode 891.
- Conan Edogawa/Shinchi Kudo's Favorite Food is Lemon Pie and Favorite Drink is Iced Coffee, which were first shown in Episodes 100-101 and in Movie 18.5, respectively.
- Conan Edogawa/Shinichi Kudo and Ran Mouri share the same Blood Type, although their Blood Type still remain unknown.
- Conan Edogawa is right-handed.
|Protagonists||Conan Edogawa • Shinichi Kudo • Kogoro Mouri • Ran Mouri|
|Others||Scar Akai • Yuzui Fukui • Kohji Haneda • Amanda Hughes • Suguru Itakura • Chikara Katsumata • Samizu Kichiemon • Naomichi Mugikura • Takeshi Nezu • Toshiya Odagiri • Fumimaro Ayanokoji's Chipmunk • Asaka • Criminal • Goro • Lupin • Taii|
|Lupin III||Goemon Ishikawa XIII • Daisuke Jigen • Arsène Lupin III • Fujiko Mine • Koichi Zenigata|
|Magic Kaito||Saguru Hakuba • Akako Koizumi • Konosuke Jii • Chikage Kuroba • Kaito Kuroba • Toichi Kuroba • Keiko Momoi • Aoko Nakamori • Ginzo Nakamori • Kaitou Corbeau • Kaitou Kid • Saguru Hakuba's Assistant • Akako Koizumi's Assistant • Magic Kaito Organization Boss • Magic Kaito Organization Sub-Boss • Lucifer • Rose • Snake • Spider|
|Yaiba||Kenjuro Kurogane • Yaiba Kurogane • Raizo Mine • Sayaka Mine • Shizuka Mine • Musashi Miyamoto • Keiko Momoi • Soshi Okita • Takeshi Onimaru • Kagetora • Shonosuke|
|Guardians||Hiroshi Agasa • Sumiko Kobayashi|
|Members||Conan Edogawa • Ai Haibara • Genta Kojima • Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya • Ayumi Yoshida|
|Executive Agents||Renya Karasuma • Kenzo Masuyama • Gin • Rum • Vermouth|
|Codenamed Agents||Tooru Amuro • Rena Mizunashi • Calvados • Chianti • Korn • Tequila • Vodka|
|Former Agents||Dai Moroboshi • Shiho Miyano|
|Others||Leona Buccholz • Antonio Gomez • Yoshiaki Hara • Ethan Hondou • Rikumichi Kusuda • Kate Lauren • Akemi Miyano • Atsushi Miyano • Elena Miyano • Hiromitsu Morofushi • Ki'ichiro Numabuchi • Masaaki Okakura • Black Beard • Aquavit • Arrack • Curaçao • Generic • Irish • Stout|
|CIA||Ethan Hondou • Hidemi Hondou • Barney|
|FBI||Shuichi Akai • James Black • Andre Camel • Jodie Starling • Starling Family Father • Bill • Hodges • Ishida • Jeff • Meyer • Tim|
|Tokyo Metropolis||Shintaro Chaki • Kazunobu Chiba • Wataru Date • Kenji Hagiwara • Yuya Kazami • Hyoue Kuroda • Jinpei Matsuda • Kiyonaga Matsumoto • Juzo Megure • Naeko Miike • Yumi Miyamoto • Hiromitsu Morofushi • Ginzo Nakamori • Toshiro Odagiri • Miwako Sato • Ninzaburo Shiratori • Wataru Takagi • Tadayoshi Uno • Officer Tome • Officer Tsujimura • Inspector Yuminaga|
|Nagano Prefecture||Taka'aki Morofushi • Yui Uehara • Kansuke Yamato|
|Osaka Prefecture||Heizo Hattori • Goro Otaki • Ginshiro Toyama|
|Others||Fumimaro Ayanokoji • Leona Buccholz • Radish Redwood • Chosuke Takagi • Misao Yamamura • Jugo Yokomizo • Sango Yokomizo • Koichi Zenigata • Aquavit • Stout|