City Coded Map Case
Fish Marks the Spot (大都会暗号マップ事件, Dai Tokai Angō Map Jiken)
|Episode||Detective Conan #4|
|Next||The Bullet Train Bombing Case|
|Manga||36, 37, 38, 39|
|Japanese||January 29, 1996|
|English||May 27, 2004|
The Coded Map of the City Case (大都会暗号マップ事件, Dai Tokai Angō Map Jiken; English TV "Fish Marks the Spot") is the fourth episode of the Detective Conan animated series based from the manga of Gosho Aoyama. The episode is adapted from chapter 36 until chapter 39. The episode aired in Japan on January 29, 1996, and in the United States on May 27, 2004.
Conan, Genta, Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi went to a exhibit of hidden treasure. They find a piece of paper with on there the words "Oro". A treasure hunt begins, while Conan is not interested in the map until he discovered that Oro means "Gold" in Italian. Later they figured out that neo-signs got something to do with and that the mafia is chasing them which they think that Conan and the others can lead them to the gold. After solving the treasure hunt, it was stolen gold which the mafia came and kept Conan and the others captivate. Conan came up with a plan to make them fallacious with succeeded and told a nearby kōban to tell the officers about the criminals they've caught. They told the story to Ran which Genta and Mitsuhiko started to brag about it. Ayumi told Ran that nothing was done by Genta and Mitsuhiko but by Conan, which she gives him a kiss on the cheek, which makes Ran thinks that Conan got a girlfriend. Genta and Mitsuhiko are staring at Conan being in jealously.
- Conan and friends find a map that leads to treasure.
- Genta decides to name their group the detective boys.
- Conan is able to figure out the map and where it leads to, eventually finding 15000 Maple leaf gold coins.
- The three men, who were folling them the entire time, have revealed themselves to be part of the Italian robbery group, who originally stole the money but was betrayed by the man who made the map who decided to keep the money for himself.
- Conan is able to out smart the three men, and is able to knock them out with bag filled with gold on the top of the building.
- The men are then caught and the money is returned back to the bank it was stolen from.
Differences between anime and manga
|Conan Edogawa||江戸川コナン||Edogawa Konan||Minami Takayama||高山 みなみ||Takayama Minami|
|Ayumi Yoshida||吉田 歩美||Yoshida Ayumi||Yukiko Iwai||岩居 由希子||Iwai Yukiko|
|Genta Kojima||小嶋 元太||Kojima Genta||Wataru Takagi||高木 渉||Takagi Wataru|
|Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya||円谷 光彦||Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko||Ikue Otani||大谷 育江||Ōtani Ikue|
|Kogorō Mōri||毛利 小五郎||Mōri Kogorō||Akira Kamiya||神谷 明||Kamiya Akira|
|Ran Mōri||毛利 蘭||Mōri Ran||Wakana Yamazaki||山崎 和佳奈||Yamazaki Wakana|
|Kawana||川奈||Kawana||Masaharu Satō||佐藤 正治||Satō Masaharu|
|Store Owner||店の主人||Mise no Shujin||Konami Yoshida||吉田 小南美||Yoshida Konami|
|Reporter A||リポーターＡ||Ripōtā A||Isshin Chiba||千葉一伸||Chiba Isshin|
|Reporter B||リポーターＢ||Ripōtā B||Naoki Makishima||巻島直樹||Makishima Naoki|